Friday, April 22, 2011

Zuluzuluzuluzulu

Soooo I'm bad at blogging. Sorry.  But I'm now safe and sound in Zululand, living with the traditional leader and his family in a pretty rural area and working for an organization called Justice and Women.  I'm actually surprised at how much I like it - I expected to be really bored all the time and unsure of what to do with myself, but I'm usually pretty entertained.  My host family is really big, so there are a ton of kids for me to play with and I spend a lot of time sitting around with the fam while everyone speaks Zulu and I don't know what's going on.  But it's kind of fun and I think a lot of things are funny that probably aren't really. So I basically entertain myself. 

The area I'm living in is basically ideal.  I'm about an hour or two from the coast, Durban, a little ways away from the Drakensberg mountains, and really close to one of the largest game reserves in South Africa called Hluhluwe-Imfolozi, which I was lucky enough to go to last weekend.

Ok well I would write more, but I'm still working on getting some electrical outlets in my room and my laptop battery is almost dead.  And the real point of blogging today was supposed to be to load some pics.  So I'm sorry if it doesn't work, but know that I tried.  Miss you all!  Send me news when stuff happens at home!

No comments:

Post a Comment